Tuesday, October 05, 2010

This was a tough one...

Chapter 4: The Great Why of God

I'm going to be completely honest: This chapter was tough for me to swallow. Not because I felt compelled or broken, but because I felt confused and lost.

I have been struggling a lot lately with ideas like this. Ideas involving what God wants out of us. I'm just not sure what I think is right. Because I only have a passion for the homeless in Columbus, Ohio does that make me a "bad" Christian or "non-Biblical" Christian? According to David Platt, I am. If we are not spreading the gospel across the world, then we are not doing right by David Platt or God. Don't get me wrong, I'm convicted by this chapter and am inspired to go over seas and do missions work but I don't like that I feel like a "bad" Christian until I do. (Maybe my heart is hard or maybe I'm just too selfish. God, please let me clearly see the truth in all of this.)

Let me go do some praying and soul seeking and maybe I'll come back next week with a better perspective, assuming mine is wrong.

2 comments:

Marla Taviano said...

I don't have answers really, but I just read a post that I think you might really, really like.

http://bit.ly/cYYlvq

Rachelle said...

I just keep praying that God will open our eyes and break our hearts in order to glorify Him. I will pray for you that you will get clarity on this issue; today when I run my 3 miles it will be to pray for you.